Monday 30 January 2012

My Favorite and Easy Enchilada Sauce






8 oz. tomato sauce
3 more cans of water (use the tomato sauce can for your measurement)
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. taco seasonings

Mix all of these in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes and it is ready.

Making Enchiladas:
I make enchiladas by filling my whole wheat tortillas with some type of filling. I will use beans, rice, cheese, chicken, and hamburger, usually seasoned with taco seasonings. I find it a good use for leftover beans or rice. The measurements are not really that important. I just mix my filling in a bowl and then fill each tortilla down the center, roll them up and put them in my baking pan (I do 2-9x13 pans usually). Then pour the enchilada sauce over everything, making them a little soupy so that they don’t dry out while cooking. I also top with cheese (sometimes I don’t put cheese inside the tortillas, just on top) and then bake at 375 for about 30 to 40 minutes or until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread and a salad. My kids like to top this sour cream and extra salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment